|March 17, 2020|
With the coronavirus cases expected to expand in Hawaii and the rest of the country over the next few weeks, I am making some changes to my business to help mitigate the spread of the highly contagious COVID-19.
The safety and wellbeing of our team members, clients and community are our top priority. So we are taking the following 10 actions effective immediately:
We are making changes for the interim, but you can expect our high level of service to remain unchanged. We are committed to being with you every step of the way in your real estate journey and a continued relationship after the transaction.
- We will be holding open houses for vacant homes only. Owner/tenant occupied properties will be shown by private showings and limited to only to one group at a time. We will schedule showings one per hour to avoid overlapping visitors.
- We will not be shaking hands with visitors.
- We will communicate closely with other brokers before all showings. If they indicate their clients are ill, we will ask them to postpone the showing.
- We will have sanitizing wipes or hand sanitizer at all listings.
- We will wipe down kitchen counters and bathrooms counters/faucets/toilets with Clorox wipes before leaving your property.
- We will have a 3D virtual tour video produced for your listing so home buyers can view the property online as a “24/7 open house.” This will be a complimentary service to you.
- Any visitor that shows signs of illness to leave will be politely asked to leave, and to view the virtual tour.
- We are still doing face-to-face meetings, but will offer teleconferencing meetings through Microsoft or Apple FaceTime as an option.
- For our Buyers, we can preview any and all properties for you and provide video and photos.
- Team members are on standby to respond to needs you may have.
There’s a lot of uncertainty, especially for our tourism-dependent economy. Until the uncertainty clears and the outbreak subsides, we will face volatility and change in the marketplace.
For one, lenders are currently backlogged because the number of people refinancing their mortgages, which may cause delays for home buyers or those refinancing. Here is an article about mortgage rates.
We are happy to discuss your specific situation and answer any questions you may have. Don’t hesitate to reach out to me via phone call, email or text.
We know getting around is difficult for many people, especially parents of schoolchildren (like myself) and kupuna. Let us know how you are doing and if there is something you need, whether it’s toilet paper or a run to the grocery or pharmacy.
This is an unprecedented and difficult time for all of us and our community. But we will get through this together.
Just know we are open for business and are here for you.
Jaymes Song RA ABR SRS SRES